This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see my for further information.
In our family, there are some advocaat (egg liqueur) lovers. Therefore, I always like to cook and bake with advocaat (of course) to meet my loved one’s wishes and preferences. Advocaat gives cookies a heavenly, vanilla taste and always makes cookies and creams incredibly fluffy and creamy. The advocaat bites are particularly suitable for those who are more after subtle and less prominent advocaat flavor. Thanks to their rather subtle taste, they are particularly well suited for leisurely enjoyment, including tea or coffee. These little delicacies are low in fructose and are therefore suitable in moderation for people with fructose malabsorption.
- Which ingredients to use?
- Kitchen utensils you will need
- Christmas Advocaat Bites – Baking instructions
- Preparing the Advocaat Bites Glaze
- Glazing the Advocaat Bites
- Advocaat Bites
- Don’t get upset while mixing the dough 😀
- How to make delicious homemade Chive Sauce in 5 Minutes?
Which ingredients to use?
To create the dough for these delicious Advocaat Bites, you will need
- 6.34 oz (180g) plain flour,
- one package of custard powder (vanilla flavor),
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder,
- 3.5 oz (100g) powdered sugar,
- one egg,
- and 2.36 fl oz (70ml) of advocaat.
For the glaze, you will need
- 2 tablespoons of advocaat,
- 3.5 oz (100g) of powdered sugar,
- and afterward, chocolate flakes to sprinkle as decoration.
Now you have all the ingredients together. When baking with advocaat, always make sure to buy a high-quality advocaat. Otherwise, your creations will taste more like booze than advocaat. I always pay attention to buying the ingredients for my cooking creations from small local farmers (where possible). For example, the best eggs I always get directly from a small farmer nearby, and you can taste the difference! So if you have the opportunity, try to get your ingredients from local producers who pay attention to adequate feeding and welfare-oriented animal husbandry.
Don’t wanna buy Advocaat from the store? I’ve got you covered! Here is the recipe for a delicious homemade Advocaat Egg Liqueur!
Kitchen utensils you will need
- 1 mixing bowl for the dough
- 1 close-meshed sieve
- 1 close-meshed sieve to sieve the flour, custard powder, and baking powder into the mixing bowl
- 1 Hand-held mixer or stationary mixer
- 2 Teaspoons for creating the cookie heaps
- 1 Tablespoon (used to measure the advocaat for the glaze)
- 1-2 backing trays
- 1-2 sheets of baking paper
- 1 pastry brush
- 1 small bowl for creating the delicious glaze
Christmas Advocaat Bites – Baking instructions
First of all, preheat the oven to 356 °F (180 °C) to have it ready for your cookies later on. Now let’s get started with the dough. Mix flour, custard powder, and baking powder, and sieve it into a mixing bowl. Then add powdered sugar, one egg, and the advocaat and mix it with a hand mixer.
DON’T GET UPSET WHILE MIXING THE DOUGH! 😅
No worries when mixing the dough for the advocaat bites with the mixer. In the beginning, it seems dry and crumbly, and you get the feeling that it is impossible to make a smooth dough! Here, as is often the case with baking and cooking, a little patience is required. You will notice that from one moment to the next, the dough forms into a smooth paste. So don’t stop hastily with the mixing! As a result, you will get a soft, sticky dough. Thanks to its particular consistency, this dough is lovely to shape.
Now you can form small heaps of dough (approx. 37 pieces) with the two coffee spoons and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. For the 37 cookies, you need two baking sheets.
Once the first baking tray is filled with dough heaps, bake in the oven for 15 minutes on the middle rack. In the meantime, while your delicacies are in the oven getting ready, you can take care of making the glaze.
Fancy a delicious and easy-to-bake cookie? Try out my Roasted Almond Slivers with Chocolate Cookies!
Preparing the Advocaat Bites Glaze
The glaze is quite easy. Mix two tablespoons of advocaat with the powdered sugar in a small mixing bowl (it’s best to use a tablespoon here for mixing) and stir the mixture until it becomes a sticky glaze. (Yes, everything in this recipe is sticky. 🤣 That’s how it should be! 😁).
Do not forget about the cookies in the oven!
After two times a quarter of an hour, the baking of the Advocaat Bites is completed. Let them cool down a little so that the glaze then holds better.
Glazing the Advocaat Bites
The final touch can begin. For glazing the advocaat bites, it’s best to use a pastry brush. Coat the advocaat bites individually with the previously prepared glaze and sprinkle the chocolate flakes as decoration directly afterward. Repeat 37 times, and then allow them to dry on the baking paper.
You did it! Now you have created delicious advocaat bites!
Enjoy them at a cozy Advent snack with coffee, tea, and Christmas music! To store these delicacies, put them in a cookie tin lined with greaseproof paper and seal tightly, so the advocaat bites don’t dry out.
- 6.34 oz Farina
- 1 Package Custard Powder Vanilla flavor
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2.36 floz Advocaat (Egg liqueur/Eggnog)
- 3.5 oz Powdered Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Mix flour with pudding powder and baking powder and sieve into a mixing bowl.
- One by one add powdered sugar, advocaat and the egg.
- Preheat the oven to 356 °F (180 °C).
- Mix with a hand-held or stationary mixer to a smooth dough.
- Form small piles of dough with 2 teaspoons and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place the filled tray in the middle of the preheated oven and bake the cookies for about 15 minutes.
- Stir the advocaat with powdered sugar until smooth.
- Coat the cooled bites with the glaze using the pastry brush, and sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles.